Place your $75+ order and we'll email to confirm which FREE 8x10 you want and where you want it shipped.
"Poonam revels in the rain as it dispels the unbearable August heat in her impoverished neighborhood in Bhopal, India. Bhopal was the site of a 1984 gas leak from a Union Carbide pesticide manufacturing plant, often cited as the world's worst industrial disaster. Thousands died as a result of the leak and many thousands more have suffered long-term health impacts, including Poonam's brother, who has lower limb paralysis and skeletal deformity. The image won a cash prize from 'The Photographers Giving Back Award' that has been used to build Poonam's family a new home, start a business and pay for education expenses. I have witnessed much injustice in India, but on this particular day something real happened that made at least Poonam's world a little better."
From Jessie's blog post about Alex's print:
There are so many thing I take for granted in my daily life. Living in Los Angeles, the sun is always shining. And yet, on the day I write about Poonam, I open my door to the sight of rain. She helps me remember that's worth appreciating too.
Alex has done an incredible job staying in touch with Poonam and continuing to support her family. You can read more about their ongoing relationship here.
THE FINE PRINT - FREE 8x10 PROMO
- 50% print price beneifts Nuru non-profit of your choice
- 25% print price benefits the photographer
- Frame revenue not shared with partners
- Exhibition quality digital C-prints
- Open, numbered edition
- Quoted dimensions for paper size, not image size
- All prints have .5 inch border for framing
- Includes a Label of Authenticity
- Label includes printed artist signature
- Label includes handwritten story from photographer
- Frames ship within 3 weeks
- Frames available for US orders only