Pick any Nuru print, benefit any Nuru non-profit at checkout.
"Kathy Ann Stewart was lying in bed talking to her fiancé when a stray bullet entered through the wall and killed her. As is too often the case, the violence so common in Chester, PA claimed someone beloved throughout the community. Kathy was a kind soul, a generous friend, and a loving mother, daughter, and sister. After her death, William Penn residents protested around the projects for seven straight days, always ending with a prayer circle in front of Stewart's house. They called on god to help them with their loss."
From Ivan's blog post about Justin's print:
"...out of the still center of the image a little girl's body forms the shape of a cross. She holds the hands of adults to each side, linked in turn to the rest of the circle. Their backs are to us, and they face a strong, indistinct light that washes out the top half of the image. This light also creates heavy shadows, cast off their bodies. A circle of dark forms inverts the lightness of the mourners' bodies..."
You can view more of Justin's work on his website.
- 50% print price beneifts Nuru non-profit of your choice
- 25% print price benefits the photographer
- Frame revenue not shared with partners
- Exhibition quality digital C-prints
- Open, numbered edition
- Quoted dimensions for paper size, not image size
- All prints have .5 inch border for framing
- Includes a Label of Authenticity
- Label includes printed artist signature
- Label includes handwritten story from photographer
- Frames ship within 3 weeks
- Frames available for US orders only